I just recently started noticing these errors on some of my client’s WooCommerce product pages. After a quick search, I found out that this was not just an issue with the structured data on our websites, it was an issue affecting many other WooCommerce websites. I tested all of our websites and our client’s websites. I even created a few fresh WordPress/WooCommerce installs to play around in. It didn’t matter what the WC website was using for product reviews (in regards to plugins or integrations), it still showed on websites using the default built-in WooCommerce reviews system.
“One of offers or review or aggregateRating should be provided”
Anytime I ran my client’s product pages through the Google Structured Data Tool, the tool showed that each customer review had an error and five warnings. For example, if the page had four reviews then there were four errors and twenty warnings.
I searched everywhere for information on this error and Google only returned a few search results. I read the articles and none of the fixes were helpful. Many named the Flatsome theme in error, but we had many different themes in use besides Flatsome and we were still getting these errors. A WooCommerce bug was also mentioned that caused this error about 5 months ago, but it had since been fixed. In addition to these outdated fixes, I believe that a similar error is making everything a little more confusing. I found out there were other similar errors that were showing like this one:
“Either ‘offers’, ‘review’ or ‘aggregateRating’ should be specified – for category page”
But it’s not the same. They seem to be related in the sense that they both stem from WooCommerce installs and recent changes to how Google is reading and indexing structured data, but that’s it.
Found a link pointing to the update where Google explains the new improvement in its “error detection pipeline” and how Google is now processing structured data differently for products:
I applied a number of changes and patches to get rid of these errors at first, but then I discovered a much simpler way to make these errors go away.
To easily get rid of these errors, install the Yoast SEO WooCommerce Plugin. It immediately made this error disappear. I am not affiliated with Yoast, nor am I an affiliate (check the link yourself), I just wanted to share an easy fix with everyone.